HAPPY SUNDAY! Sunday can be the most relaxing or the most chaotic day of the week. As much as I try to keep Sunday as a reset and recharge day – lets be real… it doesn’t always happen. Life happens! Sometimes I need to run a million errands or I have an appointment right in the middle of the day OR really anything else that comes up and takes over my self care Sunday.
We are all busy people and as bad as it is – self care isn’t always a priority. But, it SHOULD be. How many times have you woke up Monday morning for work and realized you did nothing fun over the weekend? Doing things for ourselves really should be a priority but also, there are so many things in life we can’t control so we need to be strategic.
I think one way to fit in more time for self care would be to schedule into your day! Maybe that is first thing in the morning or after dinner. Maybe you have free time when the kids are napping! I bet we could all find 1 hour during the day to fit in some self care. We just need to make it a priority and PLAN for it!
I like to keep a list of things that I enjoy doing! This way its easy to decide on what to do and gives me an opportunity to try something new. Also – I think a lot of people think of self care as a spa day or activities that take the whole day! That is NOT TRUE! I like to think of self care as anything that makes me happy, relaxes me, recharges my body, or entertains me! That is obviously super broad but honestly, self care means something different to everyone!
Here is a list of self care Sunday ideas:
- Take a bubble bath – this is my ALL TIME FAV bubble bath
- Give yourself a facial
- Paint your nails
- Wrap yourself in a robe and listen to “spa music”
- Soak your feet
- Make DIY bath bombs & then use them!
- Go for a walk
- Hit up a park and listen to the birds
- Hike up a mountain
- Go to the beach and soak up some rays
- Do some shopping
- Put on your best outfit and take some cute photos
- Start a DIY project
- Write in a journal
- Talk to your therapist
- Play with your pets (or your friends pets)
- Watch a movie
- Binge watch your fav TV show
- Read a book – I’m reading The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue right now!
- Get some coffee with a friend
- Date night with your partner
- Listen to music or a podcast
- Read blog posts
- Watch YouTube – I’m loving Conagh Kathleen’s channel
- Take some deep breaths and lay down
- Water your garden (your plants need some love too)
- Disconnect from social media completely and just relax
As you can see, there are SO many things you can do for self care Sunday. Maybe you don’t have much time but have enough time to squeeze in your fav podcast while you have a nice hot shower. Maybe you have all day and can mange to fit in a full spa day with movies and the best buttery popcorn!
We are all in different places and have different obligations! However, you need to find some time for yourself. Time to recharge and rest. Our bodies need time to rest, so please give it that!!
I hope you find something from this list/ post helpful. Please tell me what you do for self care? Are you a full day self care Sunday person or just smaller self care activities here and there??
Chat with me in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!
With love, Deanna
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Thanks for your support!