As I’ve mentioned in past posts – I recently started using netgalley and I have some thoughts!
First off, I think the idea of netgalley is so cool and I wish I would have been using it sooner! I feel cheated by all the books I missed out on! I thought before that I didn’t have enough followers and figured that they wouldn’t accept me. However, I feel like that wasn’t true and I should have at least tried. But I am happy now that I’m using this awesome website and couldn’t be happier!
Now, I am learning all the ins and outs. Some things are still confusing 🤷🏼♀️ I find that sometimes I’ll get approved for a book almost right away and then others sit there for a month… THEN I will randomly get approved for it when I’ve already requested 4 others! Of course, once you request way too many books they all get approved at the exact same time! Just lovely!
I’m starting to see the feedback ratio now that I’ve had a few books and have inputted my reviews! Super interesting. Also though confused about why the feedback ratio has to change each time you get a mass approval of books?? Maybe that will change with more time, I’m unsure!
I’m starting to wonder how I got by before without netgalley to be honest… I have SO MANY MORE books now haha I am constantly reading! Since I’ve only been requesting books I’m interested in I haven’t really struggled to prioritize them, however, I could see this being a problem for people!!
Now for all the books I have requested and what the outcome has been!
1. Mimi Lee Gets A Clue by Jennifer Chow – approved
2. The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow – approved
3. The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles – approved
4. The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass by Adan Jerreat-Poole – approved
5. The Dark Contient by Scott Reardon – approved
6. Death at High Tide by Hannah Dennison – approved
7. Love Sold Separately by Ellen Meister – approved
8. Havenfall by Sara Holland – pending
9. The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune – approved
10. Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston – pending
I am trying to be super organized and keep track of the pub dates and post the reviews when the publishers want! It is a lot to keep track of and I am still learning! Any tips??